It's hard to believe that it's the end of July. Where did the time go??? I'm happy to report that the meetings for June and July have been going well.
- Paperwork to register BOOMERS 'R HEROES as a State Recognized Non-Profit have been filed.
- Boomers 'R Heroes will soon be registered as a non profit organization with the state of PA. We're moving up in the world. Plans are formulating to organize Caregiver respite retreats for you. As they are finalized they will be offered to you in kind. Always remember, you are all very special for what you give your loved ones in care, time and patience.
- Boomers 'R Heroes is seeking volunteers to help with many upcoming events. I need help, y'all. Please contact me @ email@example.com for more information.
- Saturday, July 25, at 1st Corinthian Baptist Church, Alzheimers/Dementia meeting was very good and two members were attendance. As this meeting was blessed to happen, these two ladies supported each other in the way these meetings are meant to bring people together, each knowing the other's pain.
- Great News!!! Wednesday, July 22 brought our meetings back to Germantown/Mt.Airy/Ogontz at the DAVID COHEN OGONTZ LIBRARY, 6017 Ogontz Avenue, Phila., 19141. Our first meeting at that facility welcomed Eileen Piznar of HomeLink, Inc. Home Care Services as our speaker for the evening. She made herself right at home with our members, one of which was a brand new attendee, and she offered supportive information to all in attendance. Thank you, Eileen. I'll update info of upcoming meetings at this location.
- Thursday, July 9th, we welcomed Deborah DeLarge of Family Wise Home Care Services as our speaker for the evening at HAYES MANOR SR. RESIDENCE. You'll recakk we had a rash of T-Storms come through the city that evening and our meeting held in spite of the weather threat. You guys are the best. We had a small but cohesive group come out that night and it was a great opportunity for the one Hero that came out to get some great one-on-one time with our speaker and the additional guests who arrived offering their knowledge, as well. It was some night. We broke up at 8:00 just as the storm locked in over the city. The rain was coming down in sheets, but everyone made it home safely.